fire

For the third time in less than 36 hours, Jones County volunteer firefighters battled a structure fire on Thursday morning. Homeowner Dusty Todd and his wife were home at the time and reported that the fire started in a back bedroom where a space heater was being used. Volunteers from Pleasant Ridge, Hebron, Calhoun and Soso responded to the brick home at 44 Big Creek-Soso Road along with Jones County Sheriff's Department. The home sustained catastrophic damage, but no injuries were reported. 

— PIO Dana Bumgardner/Jones County Fire Council (Photos courtesy Soso VFD)

 

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.